Friday, August 31, 2012

Let's Clear This Up Or Sometimes I Can't Finish a Post Right Way

For those of you that have been reading so far, thanks for the following! As I said in my first post, this is largely an outlet for me to bitch and moan about grad school, but will also become a way to keep people in the loop of what's going on in this life of mine.

Upon re-reading my most recent post, I realized that I have already fallen behind. Yesterday's excuse is that I spent the better part of the day traveling and did not have a connection to post the entry (so I had to finish it a day later). This will happen sometimes because like I also mentioned in my opener: school comes first (most of the time).

A second thing I realized is that I am rambling on and on about my classes but they are vague and ambiguous statements and unless you are in the classes, you have no idea what is going on. So, let's clear some things up.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, this is what my class schedule looks like:

9.30-10.45am: Organizational Efficacy (PPOL220) with Carol
11-12.15pm: Local Policy, Planning, and Management (PPOL227)* with Mark.
2.30-3.45pm: Qualitative Research Methods (PPOL216) with Carol

After these classes, I'll probably hit the gym for an hour or meet with members of my cohort to work on any one of our million class projects.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, this is what my class schedule looks like:

11-12.15pm: MPP Integrative Core I (PPOL230) with Mark and Sharyl
HAUL HOME AND HOP ON BIKE
2-3.30pm**: Transportation & Land Use Planning (CP213) with Dan Chatman

After this, I will most likely roll down the hill and work at the shop from 4-9pm.

Work
In case it wasn't clear before, I work in a bicycle shop. Mostly I sell things but occasionally, I get to work on bikes, maybe build one from time to time if the shop is slow. Due to my ridiculous class schedule, I have to scale back my hours from this summer, but will still be working about 20-30hrs a week. I've put in for: T/TH after class (4-9pm) and anytime on Fridays and Sundays. I've left Saturdays for my own sanity and a whole day to work on class readings and meet with colleagues. Due to the School + Work schedule, I don't foresee much (or any) social time. Which means I should probably have a drink or two when I'm meeting with classmates.


There you have it. This is going to be my life for the next nine months.










*According to Mark, we will be referring to the class as "Local" by next week.
**It's really more like 2.10-3.30pm, due to "Berkeley Time". Again, I think they should change the schedule to reflect this. Apparently, Harvard does the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment