Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Rant

My dad was wearing a bright yellow jersey and two blinking lights when he was hit by a driver about two hours ago, as he was leaving home for a ride. The guy turned right into Dad and kept going, not knowing that he hit my dad, a man who is 6'1" and about 170 pounds. He only stopped when a witness raced after him.

Dad went to the hospital in an ambulance, while my mom followed. She brought clothes, food, and water, already knowing that they are going to be in the hospital for awhile. This is not our first rodeo. Dad was hit in February 2007 by a driver on his cell phone. He had several vertebrae cemented together but a mere 2 months later, he was back on the bike.

Right now, they're waiting to hear back about x-rays and CAT scans. The bibs had to be cut off and he's got road rash. Dad's coherent, so there's not too much for us to worry about...until results of scans come back. He could have internal injuries or fractures. And if that's the case, his livelihood and his summer plans for next month are completely ruined.

I WANT TO BERATE THE CRAP OUT OF THE DRIVER. 
I HOPE POLICE CHARGE HIM 
WITH NEGLIGENCE 
AND RECKLESS DRIVING.

These accidents shouldn't happen. But they do. ALL THE TIME.

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's accident. I hope he has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete